1934 Chrysler Airflow Sedan
Rare 1937 chrysler airflow eight.
1934 chrysler airflow sedan. The car was marketed with the slogan the car of tomorrow is here today it featured eight passenger seating and again an eight cylinder engine. They were all eights and three of them were imperials. 1934 chrysler airflow cy sedan. The chrysler airflow is a full size car produced by chrysler from 1934 to 1937.
Visit our site at https. It was the first car to be designed in a wind tunnel. 1934 packard v12 club sedan duration. Designated series se the desoto airflow rode a 115 5 inch wheelbase and offered a choice of four body styles two door coupe and brougham sedan six window four door.
Video courtesy of chrysler group llc. Brakes are rebuilt rebuilt starter. Nice original interior beautiful dash nice grill and chrome trim wide whites trim rings and hubcaps. Watch a 1934 chrysler airflow get dropped of a cliff in an early chrysler pr stunt to illustrate the strength of unibody construction.
It was launched to great fanfare in 1934. As of last year the fuel system has been serviced as well as the. The airflow was the first full size american production car to use streamlining as a basis for building a sleeker automobile one less susceptible to air resistance. Green metallic no rust straight 8 c.
1934 chrysler airflow eight sedan motor city a pure introductory year airflow fully restored to new condition very rare factory radio and heater. Adding insult to injury chrysler hedged its bets by introducing the airstream line alongside the airflows which gave buyers another good reason not to. Have fender skirts but are missing trim. Here we have a beautiful 1934 chrysler airflow.
Equipped with the airflow 8 123 5 wheelbase. Chrysler made a significant effort at a fundamental change in automotive design with the chrysler airflow but it was ultimately a commercial failure. Desoto had a single line of six cylinder airflows. This strategy created a near disaster for desoto which relied exclusively on the airflow for 1934 while chrysler hung onto conventional styling for its six cylinder models.
The chrysler cy sedan was the only 6 cylinder equipped airflow produced as the standard airflows came with an inline 8 cylinder engine. Want to own this car. 1 of 4 600 produced. Initial tests indicated that the.
1934 chrysler model cu airflow 4 door sedan rust free but not running. The 1934 to 1936 chrysler imperial ushered in the airflow design reflecting an interest in streamlining. Meanwhile chrysler continued to back away from the pure airflow styling of the 1934 car making it increasingly mainstream looking until pulling the plug altogether after the 1937 model year.
- 2012 Ford Focus Se Hatchback Black
- 2010 Mercedes C300 Sport Interior
- 2013 Ford Focus Se Hatchback 4d
- 2012 Ford Fusion Sel Specs
- 2013 Ford Edge Sport Interior
- 2013 Chrysler 200 Accessories
- 2013 Ford Fusion Se Interior Pictures
- 2012 Ford Focus Se Hatchback Custom
- 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible White
- 2013 Mercedes C63 Amg Black Series Coupe
- 2010 Ford F250 Super Duty Lifted
- 2010 Ford Fusion Sel Black
- 2008 Chrysler Town And Country Minivan
- 2012 Chrysler 300 Srt8 Black
- 2012 Ford Focus Sel Hatchback
- 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Trunk Parts
- 2012 Bmw 3 Series 328i Sedan 4d
- 2013 Ford Edge Se Interior
- 2014 Chrysler 300 Black Rims
- 2010 Mercedes Benz E Class Sedan