Daimler Ferret Mark 3
Mot and tax exempt.
Daimler ferret mark 3. Running on a jerry can. This 1960 vintage mk 2 3 fv701 h ferret was first issued in 1962 it was built under contract 4 kl a 0200. It was part of an overseas collection and was imported to the us by a prior owner in california. 32 in the first batch and 86 in the second 01 dc 01 onwards of which this is the last vehicle built in 1960 entering service on the 1st of march 1962.
This mk 2 3 up armoured ferret 01 dc 86 was built in 1960 serving until 1991. Requires work on side lockers. Principal users were reconnaissance units with a typical late war recce troop consisting of two daimler armoured cars and two daimler dingoes. The daimler scout car known in service as the daimler dingo.
Fuel tank main pipe blocked. This 1959 daimler ferret mark 2 3 is an armored scout car that reportedly served with the british army through 1993. The vehicle subsequently moved to texas and has been with the current owner for three years. Ferret mk 2 3 fv701h this is a later production up armoured model of the basic mk 2 and is officially known as the scout car reconnaissance mk 2 3 daimler ferret 4 4 fv701 h.
Epicyclic planetary reduction gears in each wheel hub are essential to reduce transmission torque loads. It turned out to be so successful that no replacement was sought until 1952 with the production of the daimler ferret. Most vehicles were fitted with vhf radio and those additionally fitted with fire fighting equipment in the crew compartment carried the suffix m. The ferret was produced between 1952 and 1971 by the uk company daimler it was widely adopted by regiments in the british army as well as the raf regiment and commonwealth countries throughout the period.
Drives with instruments all working. The ferret can go as fast in reverse as forward. The central h drive differential eliminates loss of. Daimler ferret mk 2 3.
Power is transferred from the 129 brake horsepower rolls royce b60 mk 6a through a fluid flywheel and five speed wilson pre selector gearbox there is no clutch. It is nearly 60 years old. A welded steel monocoque chassis contains the powerpack and drivetrain enclosed inside for protection and to give the vehicle a low profile. It is nearly 60 years old.
Brakes need servicing as seized. A top speed of 58 mph. So a rolling project. Mk iii produced.
One owner since released from mod. There were 118 mk 2 3 vehicles built under this particular ferret production contract. Watch as we take it out for a drive explore inside of it and show you why it s one of. Bottom of 2 have holes.
Was with the 15 19 royal hus.
- Mercedes Benz C Class Coupe Amg 2020
- Mercedes Benz Amg Gt 4 Door Coupe
- Mercedes Amg Gt 63 S 4matic Price In India
- Mercedes Benz 300sl Roadster For Sale
- Mercedes Benz Amg Gt 63 S 2020 Price
- Mercedes Benz C300 Wallpaper
- Mercedes Amg Phone Wallpaper
- Mercedes Benz C63s Amg Coupe 2019
- Mercedes Amg Gtr 4 Door Interior
- Mercedes Benz C Class 2000 Interior
- Mercedes Benz Amg Gt 53 Interior
- Mercedes Benz Amg Gt Custom
- Mercedes Benz B Class 2019 Interior
- Mercedes Benz Amg G63 Price In India
- Mercedes Benz Amg A35 Price
- Mercedes Benz 190 Evo Dtm
- Mercedes Benz 190sl For Sale
- Mercedes Benz 300 Slr Uhlenhaut
- Mercedes Benz 190e Cabriolet
- Mercedes Benz C300 4matic 2015 Interior